Common questions & helpful links

When do I need to start building?

Purchasers are encouraged to start building their homes within 12 months of settling on their block, with homes to be completed within 12 months of construction commencing.

Who can use the water park?

The water park will be available to all residents of Jubilee via the Jubilee Home Owners Association. More information on how to access the water park will be circulated closer to the facility’s completion in due course.

What are the benefits of having a Homeowners Association?

The Jubilee Homeowners Association is a governing body that carries out the following functions to ensure your neighbourhood is a place that you can be proud to live in:

  • Estate maintenance of common grounds including maintenance and watering of all vegetation, plants and trees
  • Repair and maintenance of common property
  • Maintenance and management of recreation facilities eg. the Club Jubilee water park
  • Presents a body for the community to contact for estate related items
  • Provides a secure element to daily activities within the project
  • Helps in maintaining a high standard in the overall estate

When will the shopping centre be built?

The multi million dollar Neighbourhood Centre will be opening in 2021. This market style features the attraction of cafes and alfresco dining, a local supermarket and a range of specialty shops to satisfy all your needs without leaving your own neighbourhood.

What schools are available?

In future years there will be one Government Primary School and a P-12 Catholic School. Construction and delivery of these school facilities will be dependent on the Department of Education.

Will there be public transport?

You’re only 35 minutes to Melbourne CBD from the gleaming new Wyndham Vale Regional Rail Link station, conveniently located just across the road from Jubilee.

Information about the new Wyndham Vale train station and Regional Rail Link services running through Wyndham Vale, Tarneit, Sunshine and Footscray, are now available on the Public Transport Victoria website. Or click to download the Fact Sheet pdf.

As well as being a hop, step and jump away from the new Wyndham Vale Train Station, it is also intended that a number of bus routes will run through the Jubilee development, providing additional public transport options for our residents.

Will you have high speed internet and WIFI?

In future years Jubilee will be connected to the National Broadband Network (NBN) with more information accessible via the NBN.

Who is the developer?

Jubilee’s developer is Lotus Living, a family-owned company with strong ties to the western suburbs. It is the heartfelt mission of Lotus Living to make a positive contribution to Melbourne’s west by improving accessibility, liveability and community spirit, and Jubilee will be their proud and lasting legacy.

When do I need to complete my landscaping by?

After receiving your Certificate of Occupancy and moving in – 6 months.

How much stamp duty do I need to pay?

Stamp duty is a charge which is applied by state governments in Australia, in relation to the transfer of land or property. The amount of stamp duty payable varies between states and is dependent on the circumstances of your purchase. To avoid unexpected costs, try Infochoice’s Stamp Duty Calculator to get a basic estimate of what you may have to pay in each state in Australia.

Can I receive the First Home Owners Grant?

The First Home Owner Grant (the Grant) scheme was established to encourage and assist first home ownership and to offset the effect of the GST on home ownership.

While the Grant is not means-tested, there are some other eligibility criteria requirements in order to quality for the Grant.

Currently in Victoria, for contracts entered into, on or after 1 July 2013 to build or purchase a new home, a payment of up to $10,000 is available for eligible first home buyers.

Visit the State Revenue Office Victoria website for more information on the Grant.

How much can I borrow and what will my loan repayments be?

Not sure what your potential budgetary situation is when financing a new home? Visit the NAB loan calculator page which includes useful links to their most popular online calculators including Loan Repayments and Borrowing Power calculators. While  results from the online calculators are approximate guides only, they will give you a great starting reference for discussions with your financial advisor.

Please Note: The calculations do not take into account any fees and charges, eg application fees. The results provided by these calculators are an approximate guide only, and are not specific to NAB home loans. These calculators, or the results generated, do not constitute any agreement by NAB to provide credit. It is advised that you consult your financial adviser before taking out a loan. Lending by NAB is subject to NAB’s normal lending criteria.

What else should I be aware of when buying a new home?

There are a range of issues and factors that should be considered before you buy a home or vacant residential land. These issues or factors may affect the property and impose restrictions or obligations on you, if you buy it.

It is recommended that all buyers perform ‘due diligence’ prior to purchasing property. Due diligence refers to performing necessary investigations into the relevant issues and factors, prior to signing a contract.

You may already have access to a range of services or people that can assist with your due diligence, including local council, lawyers, conveyancers and building surveyors.

Consumer Affairs Victoria provide a handy resource that covers common Due Diligence requirements around purchasing property and further resources for your reference.